is the booster organization that supports the music program at Lake Forest High School
The music program at LFHS consists of two Orchestras, a Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Band, Jazz Band, Percussion Groups, and seven Choral music groups. These groups perform challenging compositions throughout the year from a wide range of composers and genres. They perform throughout the community and continually entertain parents, families and residents alike. Many students are involved in more than one musical group and are encouraged to explore their musical interests to the fullest extent.
LFHS Fall Music Concerts
Choral Concert Wednesday, October 27, 2021 7:30PM RMA
Orchestra Concert Thursday, October 28, 2021 7:30PM RMA
Band Concert Thursday, November 4, 2021 7:30PM RMA
We are excited to offer both in person performances and a high quality multi-camera live streaming option for our LFHS Music concerts this year. Due to Lake County Health Department contact tracing requirements, ticketing for all of our events is required.
- Each family may request up to FOUR tickets due to distancing limitations.
- You are invited to request additional tickets beyond the 4 per family limit one day before each concert. We will accommodate as many requests as possible.
- You may request seats in the balcony, on the main floor, or in an ADA compliant section, but within each section, seats will be assigned automatically.
- Tickets will be sent to your email address upon completion of the ticket request form and may be printed or available on your mobile device.
- Every other seat will be utilized to comply with CDC and LCHD guidelines.
- Please sit only in your assigned seat during the performance. Each seat/ticket must be assigned to a specific individual (names for each ticket holder will be required when filling out the ticket request form.)
- A mask must be worn at all times while within Lake Forest High School.
- There is no charge for tickets, but families are encouraged to make an optional donation to Applause to support our programming.
- The live stream will continue to be available after the performance.
Thank you for your understanding of these new ticketing policies and for your continued support of the LFHS Music Program!
TO OUR 2021 SENIOR EXCELLENCE IN MUSIC SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS
MARGOT PIERCE - ORCHESTRA
LUCY RUBINSTEIN - CHORUS
NINA STEPANIANTS - BAND
CELESTE TOMASELLI - BAND
MAY MUSIC FESTIVAL CONCERTS
Sponsored by APPLAUSE
On Saturday, May 29th, students, faculty, and families enjoyed the sound of music on the beautiful LFHS front lawn. The music department: Darren Barndt, Robert Bassill, Janene Kessler, Natasha Mah, Andy McBeath, and Riley Worthen, enjoyed a great turn-out Memorial Day weekend. Ravinia-style, socially-distanced and masked, families and friends were invited to watch and listen to live music starting with Orchestra at 1:00pm, Choir at 2:30pm and Band at 4:00pm. The three separate concerts brought over five hundred people together on a sunny, spring day.
Many THANKS to the staff and volunteers who made this event possible.
Thank You to Donati’s Pizza and Suzy’s Swirl for providing delicious food and dessert.
CLICK BELOW TO VIEW THE MAY MUSIC FESTIVAL CONCERTS
Become a Member today....
Our greatest source of income is membership donations. Funds raised go toward the purchase of equipment, grants for visiting artists and master classes, camp scholarships and the spring trip abroad. Applause also sponsors the Senior Scholarships for Excellence in Music.
BECOME A MEMBER AND DONATE TODAY!